Boric acid (orthoboric acid) is widely used
- in industry in the manufacture of enamels, special purpose glasses, glass fiber, fiber-glass plastic and glass cloth, cements, etc.
- in the manufacture of detergents and cosmetics, fire retardants
- as a disinfectant and preservative agent, corrosion inhibitor, photographic reagent, as a microfertilizer
- in the manufacture of other boron-based compounds
- in the manufacture of ceramics.
- in textile and leather industry as a mordant,
- as a component of anodic baths for the settling of Al, Ti and Sn coatings
- as a reagent in analytical and organic chemistry,
- as a component of compounds for metal refining from rust and oxides,
- for the deposition of rare-earth elements.
- in jewelry – the main method of determining the gold in a gold alloy
- in the production of mineral fertilizers
- in military industry (fuming acid – in the manufacture of explosives, as an oxygen carrier of rocket fuel, dilute acid – in synthesizing of various substances, including poisonous ones)
- in very rare cases in photography – dilute acid – acidification of some toners, in easel graphic works – for etching of printing plates (copperplates, zincographic printing forms and magnesium clichés)
- in the manufacture of coloring agents and drugs (nitroglycerin).
Oleic acid and its esters are used for paint materials, as plasticizers. It is used in soap making; as well as (as lubricating fluid) in cutting action of tough high-alloy and stainless steels and alloys. It is also used for the finishing of the sealing surfaces from corrosion, stainless steels and hard alloys, metal removal rates up to 22 um. (source RD 24.023.53-90).
- for the production of reactive and food phosphoric acids,
- salts of phosphorus of technical and food grading, in the production of refractory materials, refractory binders,
- ceramics, glass,
- for cleaning and polishing of metals, phosphating concentrate production,
- in the manufacture of coating materials.
Deputy general director Suslina Volha
+375 (17) 200 33 93
+375 (17) 204 85 28
+375 (17) 226 46 25
Sulphamic acid is used
- for treatment of industrial machines and equipment (forms the part of anticrustators)
- in chemical industry, for the introduction of NHSO3H SO3H groups into organic compounds,
- in textile industry,
- as a standard substance in acidimetry, to determine nitrite ions,
- as a cleaning, washing and disinfecting agent in food and dairy industries (in sanitization of equipment for removal of carbonate deposits, as well as milk, beer and wine stones), etc.